Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2012 23:00

Query reg ATMOS installation

I have developed an app for encrypting files using JAVA. I want to host this app using ATMOS. Is it possible? I downloaded the ATMOS toolkit and read the installation pdf file, the installation is in LINUX or Windows OS? Is the attached installation guide correct?

1 Attachment

222 Posts

January 27th, 2012 05:00

Atmos is storage infrastructure.  It's not intended to have 3rd party apps run on the Atmos nodes themselves.  The nodes that are part of the Atmos cluster are used for internal software components that should not co-exist with other unrelated apps and processes. 

Happy to chat about this if you'd like.

Raj

222 Posts

January 27th, 2012 06:00

That means that your app runs on nodes outside of Atmos, but stores it's objects and data files through the Atmos REST API.

12 Posts

I'm very curious to chat about this...

12 Posts

According to your reply, I can store files on ATMOS? that means i run the app and store files related to the app on ATMOS?

12 Posts

alright, so how do i go about doing all this?? i have my JAVA app ready...what next?

12 Posts

January 27th, 2012 07:00

how do i install ATMOS? i have the installation files. The in installation is on Win xp or linux?

222 Posts

January 27th, 2012 07:00

Atmos Evaluation Edition is a set of Atmos nodes that is delivered as prepackaged and preinstalled VMWare ESX images.  It comes with a set of requirements and has it's own installation scripts that can be used to deploy it on ESX.  Worth noting:  Atmos EE doesn't support ESXi at this time. 

12 Posts

January 28th, 2012 00:00

I have the full package and installation guide, I just want to know if the installation is on Win xp or Linux??

12 Posts

January 28th, 2012 00:00

Is there any other way i can interact with you apart from this forum?

222 Posts

January 28th, 2012 06:00

Private message sent with contact information.

Atmos is software delivered in appliance form.  In that regard it has it's own operating system which is based on Linux. 

The evaluation edition of Atmos, AEE, is a preinstalled version that requires VMWare ESX Server.

So if the question is:  "What operating system do I install Atmos on: Windows XP or Linux?" 

The answer is neither.  Atmos EE has it's own OS that requires ESX to operate.

If the question is:  "What operating system is Atmos based on?"

The answer is:  Linux.

No Events found!