Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2015 10:00

S3 Access to ATMOS using S3express

Anyone using this tool?  My developers are trying to use it to create scripts to put files to an ATMOS using S3 (their preferred protocol).  I am tinkering with the product using my atmosonline account and can not do anything other than a root level ls.  It shows my three buckets, but an ls or put at the root, or in one of the buckets, gives me a "failed to connect" message.  I can list or put files to these buckets using S3 Browser.

Any suggestions?  We are a heavy windows/.NET shop.

110 Posts

April 7th, 2015 13:00

Greeny,

I tested this tool myself and it appears to work much better when using the proxy server option (instead of the endpoint option) to connect to your Atmos cluster.  So, reset your endpoint (setopt -endpoint -reset) and set your proxy server (setopt -proxyserver:atmos.company.com:8080).  If you're using SSL, the port will be 8443.

5 Posts

April 8th, 2015 07:00

Thanks for the reply.  I can't get this to work for atomosonline.  I've tried resetting the endpoint, then setting the proxyserver to s3.atmosonline.com and api.atmosonline.com...both http (8080 and 80) and https (8443 and 443).  I continue to get a "failed to connect" to whatever proxyserver entry I enter.

The only positive response I get is when I set the endpoint to s3.atmosonline.com.  I can then do an ls and see the buckets I created with S3 Browser...BUT, I can't do any other commands (including an ls ...which gives me the error " failed to connect .s3.atmosonline.com port 443"

I can list buckets and objects, create buckets and objects, and do anything else to buckets and object using S3 Browser.  But, S3 Express is not working.

Any other suggestions?  I think it has something to do with path based addressing vs virtual host style addressing, but the free version of s3express doesn't let you specify path based addressing.

Regards,

Mike

110 Posts

April 9th, 2015 06:00

Mike,

With Atmos Online, the endpoint for S3 is s3.atmosonline.com.  It only listens for HTTPS on 443 (there is no unencrypted endpoint).  Unfortunately this means you cannot configure it as a proxy; you have to set it as the endpoint.  And it does not provide DNS-based bucket addressing.  Since s3express does not offer the option of path-style buckets, I don't see a way you can use it to connect to aol.

Have you tried the AWS CLI?  That is available for Windows.

- Stu

5 Posts

April 9th, 2015 07:00

Thanks for the input Stu!  I will give AWS CLI a try this weekend!

Regards,

Mike

No Events found!