Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 7th, 2009 20:00

Server Internal Error

I'm was testing my application which was generating steady stream of GET, POST, and PUT messages.  After about 35 minutes with no problem I begin to get Status Code 500, Error code 1001 - "Internal Server Error".  I retry the requests several times but they continue to get the same error.  It appears that all my request began to get this error at the same time.  I have two questions.

Is there anything that my application can do to cause an "Internal Server Error"?  I hope not.

This occurred at 2009-Jul-07 21:40:27.  Was there some event at EMC that could have caused this?

I'm not concerned about the stability of Atmos.  I know this is beta.  I would just like to understand this situation so that I can deal with it.  Of course, my product is also beta and may be the source of the problem but I would be surprised if I could cause an Internal Error to be generated.

16 Posts

July 10th, 2009 11:00

I appreciate you reporting this to our support group. Regarding your other question, there shouldn't be anything that your application can do to cause an internal server error. Any issues with your request headers will induce an appropriate error response other than an "internal server error" response.

Regards,

Dave

40 Posts

Hi David,

I did open a bug with using the feedback interface and was informed that there are issues they are looking at.  It would like to see a way for end users and developers such as myself to be able check the current state of the Atmos service.  A status notification on the Atmos Online homepage would be helpful.  I would still like to see and answer to one of my questions.  Is it possible for my application to do something which will cause a server internal error?

Thanks for your resoponse.

16 Posts

If you are seeing any issues with the service such as the "internal server errors", I would like to request that you report these via the feedback link on the Atmos onLine portal (http://www.emccis.com/).

Regards,

Dave

40 Posts

July 10th, 2009 12:00

Thanks for the confirmation.  That is what I suspected.

No Events found!