Highlighted
ratish777
6 Indium

Shareable URL not opening in Chrome

Jump to solution

Hi,

When I try to open a file from Atmos using Shareable URL in Google Chrome, it is not opening. However it opens well with IE 8 and Mozilla.

Please help.

Thanks and regards,

Ratish.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Krypton

Re: Shareable URL not opening in Chrome

Jump to solution

It looks like UploadHelper in C# doesn't allow for setting the mimetype.  You can skip UploadHelper and do it like this:

EsuRestApi cloudRest = new EsuRestApi("cloudonestorage.peer1.com", 443, uid, sharedSecret);

Acl acl = new Acl();

acl.AddGrant(new Grant(new Grantee(cloudRest.GetUid(), Grantee.GRANTEE_TYPE.USER), Permission.FULL_CONTROL));

long totalBytes = new FileInfo(fromfile).Length;

Stream s = File.OpenRead(fromfile);

cloudRest.CreateObjectFromStreamOnPath(new ObjectPath(tofile), acl, null, s, totalBytes, "application/pdf", null);

s.Close();

Also note that the ACL you're creating is the default; you could just use 'null' in the ACL argument if that's the ACL you want.

I'll also open a ticket to allow setting the mimetype in the C# UploadHelper.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Are you saying that it doesn't download when using Chrome or that it doesn't automatically prompt the user to open the downloaded object? 

0 Kudos
ratish777
6 Indium

Jump to solution

It neither downloads nor promts the user to download.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Can you post an example?  I'm not able to recreate this.

0 Kudos
ratish777
6 Indium

Jump to solution

I have generated the below sharable URL from AtmosFox Organizer :

https://cloudonestorage.peer1.com/rest/namespace/Company1/18399/18399_54_4454__4b0ab729a2230dac04ce3...

If you try to open the above url in Google chrome it won't open, however it will open in IE and Mozilla.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

I see the same issue.  I suspect it's actually a bug in Chrome since the download doesn't even seem to start.  However, I did notice that there wasn't a mimetype specified for the object in Atmos (it was defaulted to "application/octet-stream").  I would recommend setting the mime type to "application/pdf" when you create or update the object in Atmos.  This mimetype will then be returned when you request it via shareable URL.

0 Kudos
DarrenSoothill
6 Indium

Jump to solution

So I have tried Safari and Firefox on the Mac and they both work fine but Chrome doesn't which to me says there is an issue with Chrome.

Darren

From: ratish777 <emc-community-network@emc.com<mailto:emc-community-network@emc.com>>

Reply-To: "jive-116553561-oqk-2-cf9o@emc-developer.hosted.jivesoftware.com<mailto:jive-116553561-oqk-2-cf9o@emc-developer.hosted.jivesoftware.com>" <jive-116553561-oqk-2-cf9o@emc-developer.hosted.jivesoftware.com<mailto:jive-116553561-oqk-2-cf9o@emc-developer.hosted.jivesoftware.com>>

Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 10:34:47 -0500

To: Darren Soothill <darren.soothill@emc.com<mailto:darren.soothill@emc.com>>

Subject: New message: "Shareable URL not opening in Chrome"

EMC Community Network<https://community.emc.com/index.jspa>

created by ratish777<https://community.emc.com/people/ratish777> in Atmos - View the full discussion<https://community.emc.com/message/579660#579660

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Chrome's internal PDF renderer doesn't like the file (maybe due to the lack of a mime type).  You can disable that plug-in though and verify that the file downloads (and then use Acrobat to view it).  In Chrome, navigate to "chrome://plugins" and click on "disable" below the Chrome PDF Viewer.  Then try the link again.

ratish777
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Thanks Jason,

Can you please tell me how to add mime type while uploading a document. I use the following code to upload:

EsuRestApi cloudRest = new EsuRestApi("cloudonestorage.peer1.com", 443, uid, sharedSecret);

Acl acl = new Acl();

acl.AddGrant(new Grant(new Grantee(cloudRest.GetUid(), Grantee.GRANTEE_TYPE.USER), Permission.FULL_CONTROL));

EsuApi cloud = cloudRest;

UploadHelper upload = new UploadHelper(cloud);

ObjectId oId = upload.CreateObjectOnPath(new ObjectPath(tofile), fromfile, acl, null);

Please help.

Regards,

Ratish

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

It looks like UploadHelper in C# doesn't allow for setting the mimetype.  You can skip UploadHelper and do it like this:

Acl acl = new Acl();

long totalBytes = new FileInfo(fromfile).Length;

Stream s = File.OpenRead(fromfile);

cloudRest.CreateObjectFromStreamOnPath(new ObjectPath(tofile), acl, null, s, totalBytes, "application/pdf", null);

s.Close();

Also note that the ACL you're creating is the default; you could just use 'null' in the ACL argument if that's the ACL you want.

I'll also open a ticket to allow setting the mimetype in the C# UploadHelper.

0 Kudos