Highlighted
Not applicable

Symantec Netbackup to Atmos S3-Backend ?

Hi,

does anybody here has already experiences for use of EMC Atmos as a backend for Symantec Netbackup? I fail when i create or use a bucket in the software ..

Environment is Enterprise Version 7.6.0.2 on Solaris 10 and Atmos 2.6.1

cheers--

Andreas

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
4 Beryllium

Re: Symantec Netbackup to Atmos S3-Backend ?

Can you provide more detail?  Are you writing to ATMOS via CIFS?  REST API?  What error are you getting?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi,

i tried the S3 Rest-API. Netbackup supports Amazon S3 with a custom URL to provide access to alternative S3 Targets like Atmos. Unfortunately  the error messages are quite meager: On Atmos-side i see no error, the message on the Netbackup-side is:

"RDSM has encountered an STS error: createDiskVolume

failed to create disk volume, system call failed"

A disk volume is equal to a bucket and strange is, that existing buckets are not shown in the preview...

cheers--

Andreas

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Beryllium

You'll probably need to open a ticket with EMC.  I assume you've already created a SubTenant ID and Shared Secret, and have that information entered into Netbackup.  If the authentication is working, chances are, something needs to be tweaked in the URI going to ATMOS.  The lack of an error on the ATMOS side makes me think that.

EMC should be able to tell you how to increase the logging level, so that you can expose more of the error, then figure out where the tweak needs to be.  Just for fun, what version of ATMOS are you on?

Thanks!

Karl

0 Kudos