Unsolved

M

2 Posts

July 26th, 2021 10:00

dellemc_isilon_filesystem and Isilon account

the error message:
172.20.62.29 | FAILED! => {
"changed": false,
"msg": "Creation of Filesystem ifs/SIMPSONVILLE/Tier2/rpo-30min/fs123 failed with error: { errors : [ { code : AEC_FORBIDDEN , message : Unable to set ACL or mode. -- operation not permitted. } ] } "

I use a local account on the Isilon named ansible which is identical to root except the UID. If I connect to the Isilon with the root account, it works. So this is a permission issue with the ansible account on the Isilon. What does it need? It is a member of system admin and security admin as root does.

I appreciate any insights you may have. Thank you.

6 Posts

August 12th, 2021 07:00

Hi @Mokrina ,

Thanks for the inputs. It is a pre-requisite that certain permissions need to be set for user before trying this operation.

And in spite of that we are seeing some intermittent issues in creating a file system with non root users which is documented as a known issue in

Release notes.https://github.com/dell/ansible-powerscale/blob/master/docs/Release%20Notes.md 

In these scenarios, recommend you to use root user.

Thanks

Rajendra

7 Posts

September 7th, 2022 10:00

Has there been any fix for this?

Thank you

John.

September 19th, 2022 05:00

Hey folks, are there any plans to fix this?

It doesn't seem like a good idea to use root account for Ansible access.

1 Rookie

• 

79 Posts

September 20th, 2022 03:00

Hi @John_TW @isi_not_so_easy 

We will look into this issue, Please raise an issue ticket https://github.com/dell/ansible-powerscale/issues for tracking the same.

Thanks,

Jennifer.

1 Rookie

• 

79 Posts

September 30th, 2022 03:00

Hi @John_TW @isi_not_so_easy 

On discussion with OneFS team, granting ISI_PRIV_IFS_RESTORE privileges through a role to the custom user should enable the creation of filesystem with acl permissions. This seems to work for me. Could you please check the same?

Thanks,
Jennifer.

No Events found!