Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

October 25th, 2015 23:00

AER not auto managing media

Hi everyone,

Our AER seems to currently not be auto managing its media.

Auto Media Management for the Jukebox is switched on.

We have 8 tape drives in the library, and the job ran fine to start with.

Now it is displaying error,

Mon 07:06:08 Media Info: Suggest manually labeling a new writable volume for pool 'July 2015'

Mon 06:51:48 media critical: Waiting for 8 writable volume(s) to backup pool 'July 2015' tape(s) on AER

It seems it used all the tapes with that pool from drive 1, then stopped once they were all full.

It seems AER wont label anymore tapes for this pool we are using. I can choose label media option in AER, but the tapes don't get labelled.

It was previously auto labeling new tapes when the pool was empty.

I have manually moved some labelled tapes in module 1, but AER still doesn't pick them up.

Any ideas?

Thanks
BP

2 Posts

January 19th, 2017 04:00

We've recently started experiencing a similar problem.  Did you ever resolve the issue?

1 Rookie

• 

45 Posts

January 20th, 2017 14:00

Similar issue:  We allocated 5 new slots from jukebox to Avamar.  On Dell side we can see  them - when we go to label the tapes on AER it doesn't see them - error is "changers parsing failed" in event viewer.  Opened a new ticket and waiting for EMC response.

2 Posts

January 23rd, 2017 06:00

Thus far EMC has told me that AER has never supported auto media management and I am required to manually relabel tapes once the existing backup sets have expired which tends to require a lot of command line interaction.  I'm not averse to using the command line to relabel the tapes; what I'm trying to get an answer on is why did auto media management work for the past 3.5 years but not since we upgraded to Avamar 7.2.

No Events found!