jgomes11
1 Copper

Avamar 5.0 - Dtlt mixed authentication

Hello everyone

I've just upgraded to the new Avamar 5.0 that introduces the dtlt new feature.

I've configured it so that all the computers that are in the active directory can automatically log in to that page and it works correctly.

Now if I have computers that are not registered in a domain, how can that users have the backup and restore features since the user that appears in the backup/restore login page is the local user?

Thanks

Jorge Gomes

3 Replies
Highlighted
OscarG1
3 Argentium

Re: Avamar 5.0 - Dtlt mixed authentication

I am owrking with the same issue, if you get any responses about it or find a solution, please let me know

Highlighted
jgomes11
1 Copper

You can configure the authentication in a mixed mode:

- In the computers that are connected to a domain you install the avamar agent with the DTLT option

This computers will use the Kerberos autentication, using the currently logged on user.

- In the computers that are NOT connected to a domain you install the avamar agent WITHOUT the DTLT option

This way it will use the old webrestore page of Avamar 4.x ... You have to associate an user with that workstation.

Best regards

Jorge Gomes

Highlighted
nyakeri
1 Copper

HI iam a technology consultant for Emc africa in Kenya.We have launched a public cloud infrastructure.

My question is almost similar to above.We have both users in internal and external who need to authenticate and some and on an internal ad and others are not.We want to use this mixed mode and the avamar implementation engineers advised on the same.Could anyone advice in detail on how in has been build on a high breed cloud or public cloud.

Thx