Highlighted
mikuszed
2 Iron

Avamar 6.1 - Upgrading to vSphere 5.5

Jump to solution

I'm upgrading an environment to vSphere 5.5. In regard to my Avamar environment, I'd like to maintain my current setup. The vSphere 5.5 environment will be net new, and therefore different a vCenter instance and so forth. I don't think this will work, but is it possible to add an 'A record' with the old vCenter instance and the new IP address of vCenter in the vSphere 5.5 environement? I know its a long shot, but I'm trying to avoid recreating the wheel in regard to datasets, groups, etc.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ionthegeek
4 Beryllium

Re: Avamar 6.1 - Upgrading to vSphere 5.5

Jump to solution

I wouldn't recommend this.

You can use mccli commands to migrate datasets between domains. The syntax is:

mccli dataset copy --domain=<old domain> --name=<dataset name> --new-domain=<new domain> --new-name=<new dataset name>

The --name and --new-name parameters are required.

Unfortunately mccli does not allow copying of groups between domains.

Also, please be aware of the following ETA that applies to VMware 5.5 environments:

ETA 172468: Avamar Client for VMware: VMware HotAdd transport mode on vSphere ESXi 5.5 hosts experie...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ionthegeek
4 Beryllium

Jump to solution

I wouldn't recommend this.

You can use mccli commands to migrate datasets between domains. The syntax is:

mccli dataset copy --domain=<old domain> --name=<dataset name> --new-domain=<new domain> --new-name=<new dataset name>

The --name and --new-name parameters are required.

Unfortunately mccli does not allow copying of groups between domains.

Also, please be aware of the following ETA that applies to VMware 5.5 environments:

ETA 172468: Avamar Client for VMware: VMware HotAdd transport mode on vSphere ESXi 5.5 hosts experie...

0 Kudos
mikuszed
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I had a sense this would be the case. Thank you!

0 Kudos