Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2014 02:00

Avamar 7 & VCentre integration

I need to to close the gap between the virtual  and backup team. When the vm team adds datastores i need to find a way to automate the "Add" part in Avamar.

As part of this investigation i found a doc from June 2013 stating that Avamar v7 has got the vSphere Web Client Plug-In, but up to now unable to find any documents as to how to get this installed. My intention is for the vm team to add the datastore to the config from the webclient when we add the DS in vmware.

Please can anyone suggest a way forward to resolve this dependancy.

Thanks

Johan

21 Posts

May 14th, 2014 09:00

At this time there is not an automatic way to add datastores as they are added in vCenter to Avamar.

You will still have to add the datastores manually as they become available in vCenter.

You can however use a script we have to select all datastores across all proxies.

You can download the following script on the Utility Node

ftp://avamar_ftp:anonymous@ftp.avamar.com/software/scripts/proxycp.jaranonymous@ftp.avamar.com/software/scripts/proxycp.jar

Once downloaded run the following command, this will selectall datastores for all the proxies

java -jar proxycp.jar --selectalldatastore

Richie

2 Posts

January 13th, 2015 04:00

Good Day Richie

Please can you tell me if the above solution is still the only way to solve this problem and if possible do you know if EMC is looking and making this part of the Avamar solution to dynamically discover new data stores.

Thanks

Johan

21 Posts

January 13th, 2015 07:00

Yes this is the only way at this point. Eng is working on a new way but not sure what its going to offer and when its going to be available.

Richie

No Events found!