Highlighted
RichE1982
1 Copper

Avamar DTLT Client Language Changing

Hello,

I have a weird issue. I had a call from a user where their DTLT client was in Russian. Never saw it before on one of our clients, and since I could not read Russian, I tried uninstalling/Re-installing the client. It worked. They were back on English. The user used their computer normally, then went on vacation the next day (computer was left on). They came back today and it was set back to Russian. This time we changed the language setting using another computer as a guide to find out where the language option was. It gave a message in Russian, we exited the client and re-launched it was fine. (The message presented was that we must restart the client for the changes to take effect, I tried it on another computer that was set to English).

Now my question is, why did it revert back to Russian? Is this setting stored in a settings file somewhere on the system (If so, where?) that was not properly removed, or reset during the previous change?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pawankumawat
3 Argentium

Re: Avamar DTLT Client Language Changing

Hello,

That sounds something new and interesting for me as I dont work much with DTLT. But as per my understanding, it depends on default language of browser. User can change language from default to some other language but if cookies are not deleted, it will revert back to default language at next login. In this case, Is Russian default language for user browser ? If you changed it to English, Did you clear cookies ?

Regards,

Pawan

0 Kudos
RichE1982
1 Copper

Re: Avamar DTLT Client Language Changing

Capture.JPG.jpg

Hello,

I think we may be talking about 2 separate places. I am talking about the installed client, and not the web page where users can go to restore files.

I did not clear any cookies in the web browser to answer your question, but the default language is set when you right click the Avamar icon in the system tray and select "Languages", then choose the language of your choice. Here is a screenshot I took with the language set to Russian again, as well as the error message we got. The error message is indicating that we need to close and re-launch the client for the changes to take effect.

0 Kudos