Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2016 03:00

Avamar Extended Retention exclusions

Hello.

We have an export to tape policy with AER, which includes Avamar domain and groups. This makes it dynamic as any client that is added later, is automatically included on the export.

The problem is that from the entire Avamar domain, we wish to exclude one single machine. I couldn't figure out how to do exclusions.

Can you help?

226 Posts

July 7th, 2016 23:00

Rather than selecting the Groups or Domains you can choose the clients instead ?

48 Posts

July 8th, 2016 02:00

Yes, I could select each client individually instead. It would solve this single issue, but then we'd loose the dynamic capability of the AER export policy. The Avamar domain includes all currently intended for export servers, and will dynamically include all servers that are added later, from the moment they are added. We'd have to add all new servers and remove decommissioned ones manually, all the time.

We do not wish to loose this functionality, because the clients list is quite big and thus hard to track if it is updated or if some clients are missing.

In Avamar for instance, is possible to set a client to override it's group settings and disable it's backups.

How can I do it in AER?

No Events found!