I'm having an issue adding VMs to Avamar 7.2 data protection using the Avamar Plugin for vRealize Automation 4.0 in vRealize Orchestrator 7.2. The problem appears to be with getting the policies from the Avamar node. I am able to run the 'View protection status' workflow in vRO and get back the following:
Protection status for client 'Server01':
No associated protection policies available
Recent data protection:
- 645.0 GB, on 3/5/17 8:03:10 PM CST, expires 4/5/17 7:00:00 PM CDT
- 645.0 GB, on 3/4/17 8:44:11 PM CST, expires 4/4/17 7:00:00 PM CDT
- 645.0 GB, on 3/3/17 8:11:38 PM CST, expires 4/3/17 7:00:00 PM CDT
- 645.0 GB, on 3/2/17 9:54:39 PM CST, expires 4/2/17 7:00:00 PM CDT
- 645.0 GB, on 3/1/17 8:46:05 PM CST, expires 4/1/17 7:00:00 PM CDT
In order to add data protection to a VM there is a required input parameter for a EMC Data Protection Policy. When I attempt to populate this field using the search function, it returns 'Nothing found'.
I am also unable to see any of the policies through the Inventory tab in vRO and I get nothing returned when I execute commands like this:
If anyone has an idea for how to fix this issue, I would greatly appreciate it!
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a way to fix this. Still looking for more ideas. In the meantime I have installed the REST API and am attempting to get that working. Not a great workaround, but I'm hopeful that it'll do what I need it to do.
EMC support resolved my problem, Below the resolution:
The log contains "getTenantDomain()=null" which implies that the tenant url was not specified in the workflow.
Please follow the steps below to resolve the problem:
6. Verify that the Avamar policies are displayed in vRO client