Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 6th, 2013 08:00

Avamar -- Hyper-V Integration

In our environment, we have Clustered Hyper-V setup which consists of 4 Hyper-V node with CSV. VMs hosted on Failover Cluster of Hyper-V Server (Windows Core Installation) with CSV need to backed up. We have understood the following:

*     we need to install Avamar Client for windows on all Hyper-V nodes of the cluster (on the same location on all hyper-v servers involved in cluster)

*     We need to install Avamar Hyper-V VSS plugin on all Hyper-V nodes in the cluster

*     A separate server with Avamar Client for Windows and Hyper-V VSS Plugin with GLR for Granular Level Recovery

*     Avamar Cluster Configuration tool to be run

Ambigious areas:

*     How to run Avamar Cluster Configuration tool. Will AvamarClusterConfiguration.exe be available by default after installing Avamar Client  for                   windows or Avamar Hyper-V  VSS plugin ( I have installed both these components on my test env and AvamarClusterConfiguration.exe was not                  available)

*     Should Cluster Configuration be run on all the Hyper-V nodes or just one node of the cluster.

*     In one of the screen of the Avamar Windows Cluster configuration, its asks to fill out the Cluster group for Windows CSV Client. See attachment

which was provided in Avamar Hyper-V VSS plugin user guide.  Should the cluster group for Windows CSV client be the Cluster name of the Hyper-V

Cluster or some random name

*    An unique IP Address should be provided during the Avamar Cluster Configuration, should this IP address be already assigned to a NIC or will the             Avamar Cluster configuration create a Virtual Adaptor and assign this IP Address

Help required to clear out the ambiguous areas

1 Attachment

2K Posts

The cluster configuration tool will be installed during the installation of the Avamar Client for Windows but only if the system is detected as a cluster. If your test environment is not clustered, it's expected that the cluster configuration tool will not be present.

2 Posts

Hello Anderson,

Thanks for your quick reply on this.. That cleared a lot of doubts.. Can you please help me answer rest of my doubtful areas.

Avamar Server version is 6.1

*     Should Cluster Configuration be run on all the Hyper-V nodes or just one node of the cluster.

*     In one of the screen of the Avamar Windows Cluster configuration, its asks to fill out the Cluster group for      Windows CSV Client. See attachment  which was provided in Avamar Hyper-V VSS plugin user guide.  Should the      cluster group for Windows CSV client be the Cluster name of the Hyper-V Cluster or some random name

*    An unique IP Address should be provided during the Avamar Cluster Configuration, should this IP address be      already assigned to a NIC or will the   Avamar Cluster configuration create a Virtual Adaptor and assign this IP      Address

No Events found!