Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 30th, 2012 04:00

Avamar Virtual Edition Installation issues

Dear All,

I was trying to install Avamar Virtual Edition in a test LAB I created the VM using OVF file and add a 200 GB virtual hard disk Storage, I followed the below instruction to bypass the size validation test;

There is a workaround which can be used but it should *only* be used if this is a test / lab / demo system.

1. 1. On the utility node, or on a single-node server, create the following
    plain text file in ~admin/ (admin's home directory):
    checkfs-tweaks.pl
  1. 2. Place the following line of text into the checkfs-tweaks.pl file:
    $MINDATASIZE = 10;
  2. 3. Check for correct syntax with the following command:
    perl -cw checkfs-tweaks.pl
  1. 4. Expect to see the following output:
    Name "main::MINDATASIZE" used only once: possible typo at
    checkfs-tweaks.pl line 1.
    checkfs-tweaks.pl syntax OK
    The above warning message is okay. Any message saying something like
    'syntax error' is not okay.

So I was using EMC Avamar Virtual Edition Installation Guid P/N 300-012-331 REV A01

And when the Webinstallation starts the progress bar don’t move and the Advanced log out is:

2012/08/30-12:14:27 ERROR: tools.rb:2060:sys "avmaint config lmaddr=172.16.5.114 --avamaronly", exit status=1 (error)

2012/08/30-12:14:27 ERROR: tools.rb:2069:sys ERROR: avmaint: config: cannot connect to server at (none):27000

2012/08/30-12:14:27 ERROR: SetTheLoginManagerAddress::do Configuring login manager address failed with error: ERROR: avmaint: config: cannot connect to server at (none):27000 operation failed

2012/08/30-12:14:27 INFO: task.rb:928:quit ---------- END SetTheLoginManagerAddress::do ------------

Please advice, I have been trying to install it for 3 days now.

August 31st, 2012 01:00

I found a recent email where someone was seeing a similar sequence of messages to this during an Avamar upgrade workflow.

In that situation the fix was to run the following command manually in a new putty window (as admin user)

The command: "avmaint config lmaddr=172.16.4.114 --avamaronly"

Then "Skip" to the next page.

Since this is a test lab and in the absence of other suggestions and more detailed description of the problem it shouldn't hurt to try it to set the login manager address.

If this doesn't help, and if no-one else is able to provide any suggestions, have you tried contacting your local EMC pre-sales contact?  I understand they should be able to provide some technical assistance to help set up a test lab.

No Events found!