Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 9th, 2015 09:00

Avamar Virtual NDMP Acclerator

Hi Team,

We have around 3TB of NAS Data , for this we cant afford a Physical NDMP Accelerator , from 7.0 we found that NDMP Virtual Accelerator can be implemented , May I know what are the pre-requisites for the Virtual NDMP Accelerator

Details : Storage Box  - VNXe 3200

Avamar - 7.0 Single Node M1200

Please do let me know can I install this Avamar Virtual NDMP Accelerator please . What I read in the forums is we need to raise RPQ other than that should I need any separate license for Virtual NDMP ? and whether this is compatible with single node M1200 (Physical not virtual )

Regards

Srini

2K Posts

As far as I know, there are no restrictions on backing up NDMP data to a single node system as long as the system has been sized appropriately.

17 Posts

Thanks !!!

Before raising RPQ , I just want to check with your people like Avamar Virtual NDMP Accelerator is possible with Single node physical right ?

Regards

Srini

2K Posts

I would recommend you get in touch with your account team. They can initiate the RPQ on your behalf and can provide resource requirements, etc.

17 Posts

June 24th, 2015 13:00

Hi ,

I got the reply from EMC Engineering team saying , Avamar NDMP Virtual Accler works only with AVE not with Avamar ( Physical ) and also Avamar NDMP Virtual accle they prefer in test lab when Avamar is in physical 

17 Posts

June 24th, 2015 14:00

Hmmm Thanks Jeff, EMC was not agreeing with this for me... Can you please provide me if you have any white paper about the Avamar NDMP Virtual accl with Avamar physical Node please ?

133 Posts

There are several production customer sites with Physical Avamar Grids and Virtual NDMP Accelerators.

It does require a RPQ approval from Product Management.

133 Posts

I'm sorry, I don't have access to that unless you can find it on Support zone.
From a support perspective, I'm just sharing that we have lots of customer using Virtual NDMPs with Physical servers in production.

Go to:
https://support.emc.com/products/759_Avamar-Server/Documentation/

On the left side, check the technical notes and White Paper sections. If you cant find anything there then
ask your account team to check with Avamar Product Management to see if there are any papers on the topic.

No Events found!