Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 24th, 2014 12:00

Can't browse image backup for FLR ("Browse for Granular Restore") - Java.io.EOFException

New Avamar 7.1 with DataDomain 5.5 install (not upgraded).

Running vSphere 5.5.0 with two proxy's.

Doing Image Level backup with no problem (and restore).

Trying to a do a granular file restore from the image is where it goes wrong.

I go to Backup/Restore/Manage, find the VM, find a date, and find a Backup.

I click on the Backup, and two VMDK's show up in the content Window.

I click on the middle Icon "Browse for Granular Restore".

The Proxy Selection window pop's up. I can leave it on automatic or pick one of the two proxy's that are listed, it does not matter. I click Ok.

Next I "should" be able to pick the files I want to restore. But instead I get the attached error message.

"Browser Backup Status"

"Browser ERROR: Invalid response from the client agent"

"java.io.EOFException"

I rebooted the server that runs Avamar Administrator. I uninstalled and re-installed, both the supported Java version and the Avamar Administrator.

I tried it with a different VM, but nothing made a difference.

Lastly I rebooted both Proxy's but that also did not made a difference.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Fred

1 Attachment

5 Posts

December 31st, 2014 09:00

After working on this with multiple very talented EMC Avamar engineers over the last few days, the resolution to this problem ended up being a networking issue. (Thank you Rishi, Vineeth, and Bryce!)

There is a lot of information that brought us to the solution, too much to post here. But if you run into this problem, double and triple check your networking, and if you would like to know what we ended up doing, I would ask you to PM me directly.

Case closed :-)

13 Posts

April 22nd, 2015 08:00

Hi Fred,

I am having a similar issue, and would love to know what you ended up doing to resolve the issue.  Itried to PM you, but it wouldn't let me.

Thanks

Dusty

355 Posts

April 22nd, 2015 09:00

Hi,

Could you please post latest detailed logs here, it will be easy for us to understand the issue.

Regards,

Pawan

13 Posts

April 22nd, 2015 11:00

When I am trying to restore a file.  I click on the date, backup, Granular Restore, and select the proxy (or leave it automatic) I get the error in the screen shot attached.  This is the same issue that the OP was having.Restore Error.jpg

That is the only error I see.  If there are other logs where would I find them?

355 Posts

April 27th, 2015 02:00

Hi,

Following Kb article describes similar issue but for Exchange while performing GLR. I would recommend you to contact support team for further investigation and resolution.

https://support.emc.com/kb/172152

Regards,

Pawan

1 Message

October 6th, 2015 09:00

I had the same problem, and it was a network issue: more specifically, one of the proxys was not registered in DNS. Make sure all of the proxy nodes are correctly registered in DNS.

1 Message

August 8th, 2022 09:00

Found this thread and wouldn't you know it 20% of my proxies aren't registered in DNS

No Events found!