Clearing up old VMs in avamar

My client has alot of virtual machines which are backed up daily..... We are using avamar 7.4

In Administration we see alot of VMs which are GREY....and the note says "VM is no longer addressable through vCenter"

From the CLI, how do we identify these VM clients and either retire or delete them???

thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Clearing up old VMs in avamar

CLI command "mccli vmchache show --name=" will list if a VM client is deleted from vCenter or not.

CLI command "mccli client delete --name=" or "mccli client retire -name=" are the commands to remove them.

There is probably a solution to automate what your trying to do with custom bash scripting.

thanks for the information but I'm assuming that there isnt a command to show VMs that arent addressable to vcenter?

If the client deletes alot of VM's then it seems we can only delete them manually.

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Thallium

Mike,

I used these utilities to automate retirement of deleted VMs:

• List deleted VMs

java -jar proxycp.jar --listdeletedvms --vc myvcenter.company.com  >>retire.clients.list

• Retire VMs using the file from previous command

java -jar av2ool.jar client retire --filename retire.clients.list

Highlighted

many thanks. Useful info!

0 Kudos
IDIGIT39
1 Copper

dynamox,

Where can I download av2ool.jar file from? Or is there any other better ways to retire VM clients automatically once they are deleted from the vCenter. 

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Thallium

Here you go

ftp://avamar_ftp:anonymous@ftp.avamar.com/software/scripts/av2ool.jar

0 Kudos