Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2017 01:00

Connection to Avamar Administrator failed

Hello,

I have an error message when trying to connect to Avamar Administrator :

Failed to connect to Administrator Server.

Capture.JPG.jpg

When connecting to the server and typing "dpnctl status" : all seems to be down.

Capture2.JPG.jpg

What is the best thing to do ?

Best regards.

2K Posts

May 30th, 2017 12:00

If you don't know why the system is down, I recommend you open a service request to investigate. If there was a power outage or something like that and you know why the system is down, you can go ahead and start the Avamar software:

dpnctl start

If you are prompted to roll back, roll back to the most recent validated checkpoint. Any backups that have been written to the system since the creation of the checkpoint will be lost.

2 Posts

December 10th, 2018 03:00

Hi Ian,

I get the same error but mine is a brand new set up. When I check on GSAN status, it is also down as well as the mcs and scheduler. I manually start it and it is now up and running.  I can also log on to web (https:///avi/#/pdm) but not on the Avamar Administrator (Desktop App). Please see screenshot below:

Error Logging in on Administrator Server.png

Ok on web.png

Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jho

2 Posts

January 24th, 2019 23:00

Hi Everyone! This issue has been fixed. Apparently, hfsaddr has the domain not the fqdn of ave. So what support did was to update hfsaddr & local_hfsaddr on mcserver.xml then rebooted mcs after. To check on hfsaddr here's the command: mccli server show-prop Hope it helps! Good luck! /Jho

4 Posts

January 3rd, 2020 01:00

Dear Jhogo, 
I've followed your step, but when check by command 'mccli server show-prop', but there is still showing the old data although this avamar already stop and start services of MCS.

Do you have any info maybe ?

No Events found!