Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 21st, 2014 15:00

EmailHome, once daily or twice daily ?

i have a doubt fellas...

which is the correct statement?...

- The Email Home feature automatically emails configuration, capacity, and general system information to EMC Customer Support ONCE DAILY, and critical alerts in near-real time on an as needed basis.

- By default, notification schedule email messages are sent at 6 a.m. and 3 p.m. EACH DAY.

the first one tell us about once daily notifications and the second one seem to be at two per day, im a little bit confused, please help me with this issue because i think is gonna be an exam question E20-598

i found this info at EMC Avamar 7.0 Admin Guide

Modifying “Email Home” configuration

When configured and enabled, the Email Home feature automatically emails

configuration, capacity, and general system information to EMC Customer Support once

daily, and critical alerts in near-real time on an as needed basis.

NOTICE

The Email Home feature is configured and enabled during installation. This section is

intended only for changes to the feature after initial installation.

By default, notification schedule email messages are sent at 6 a.m. and 3 p.m. each day.

The timing of these messages is controlled by the Notification Schedule, which is

discussed in “Schedules” on page 134.

1 Attachment

July 22nd, 2014 02:00

There are two types of 'phone home' functionality used by Avamar.  Take a look at the following article to learn more:-

KB 174557 - Understanding the differences between Avamar's EmailHome (Avalanche) and DialHome (ConnectEMC) features

3 Posts

July 22nd, 2014 12:00

Thank you very much, finally i can understand.

this segment in particular is so useful to solve my question.

Notifications get sent to: EMC EmailHome system (also known as Avalanche)

Notification schedule: Sent twice daily according to a schedule defined for the high priority events.

Thanks again.

Community Manager

• 

6K Posts

July 23rd, 2014 02:00

Hey,

Really easy to confuse EmailHome and ConnectEMC.

EmailHome is sends a notification twice a day.

ConnectEMC is sends report once a day.

3 Posts

July 23rd, 2014 12:00

thanx Leo...

now is lighter than water ...

greetings

Community Manager

• 

6K Posts

July 23rd, 2014 16:00

Thank you for your greeting and I'm glad to see you already understand these contents clearly. Would you mind mark my answer as "helpful answer" if you think they are helpful to you? Thank you!

No Events found!