Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 22nd, 2014 06:00

How can I re-register a node without losing backups history

Hello,

It seem a cid.bin file was deleted by some unkown magic trick from a system (don't ask).

Of course, if I try to re-connect the node, it say's:

!Received from MCS#110:* 110 * Re-registration of account /windows/Prod/node1.local is not permitted"

Is there any way to re-create the cid.bin ?

What I'm trying to achieve is this: I wan't the client the re-connect as usual, and not loose it's previous backup history.

Thank you !

2K Posts

In the "Policy" window, on the "Policy Management" tab you will see two tabs, "Groups" and "Clients". Select the "Clients" tab, select the appropriate client domain in the tree underneath, then select your client from the list on the right.

Select "Edit Client" from the context menu or by clicking the appropriate button, then uncheck the "Activated" checkbox and save your changes. Once that's done, you should be able to reactivate the client with no issues.

54 Posts

Thank you sir, that worked perfectly.

2K Posts

My pleasure!

115 Posts

January 23rd, 2014 08:00

Even though Ian's answer is correct and the preferred way of doing things.

There is another way to do what you want to do which is to "retire" the client keeping the existing retention on backed up data. Retiring will basically move the client to "MC_Retired" domain in Avamar and then you can re-register your client with Avamar (to the appropriate Avamar domain)

Keep in mind that the cid.bin file entry will change as part of this process and you will have to add the client to any of the policies that it belonged to before.

If you are not comfortable with retiring clients then forget about this post

1 Message

December 18th, 2014 04:00

Thank You!  Worked perfectly!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 3rd, 2015 21:00

it worked sir , thanks

February 6th, 2019 05:00

In Avamar Console

1) Go to Policy Tab

2) Client Clients

3) Select your Server By name and then Click Edit.

4) Untick Activated.

5) Save and invite again :Smile:

February 6th, 2019 05:00

Thanks Raj. It Works 

1 Message

September 4th, 2019 21:00

is there a command we can run from the client which can deactivate the the hostname in avamar ? 

1 Message

March 8th, 2021 08:00

From command line,

mccli client edit --name=/domain/server --activated=false

once deactivated, restart the service and client should get activated correctly.

4 Posts

April 22nd, 2021 20:00

anytask.jpg

4 Posts

April 23rd, 2021 22:00

dasd

No Events found!