Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 8th, 2013 04:00

How to find session log for old backups

Hi guys,

Session logs are displayed on Avamar grid GUI by default 72 hours, then disappeared from Activity tab. I have 2 questions regarding that:

1)Is it some way to find and catch session logs older than that period (72 hours) ?

2) Backups retention is 30 days but we suppose to keep logs for 60 days, so where can I find some more information about backups whcih has already done?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2K Posts

November 8th, 2013 06:00

You can use the "avtar --showlog" command to retrieve the log for any backup still on the system.

You need to specify the following flags to avtar:

--showlog

--server=

--path=

--id=

--ap=

--labelnum=

For example:

avtar --showlog --server=avamar1.example.com --path=/clients/testclient.example.com --id=MCUser --ap=MCUser1 --labelnum=17

I don't understand needing backup logs for expired backups. The data is unrecoverable; what use is the log?

5 Posts

I'd rather need information about session details then just information about session status.  

Need to get whole log about session which has been done before.

50 Posts

Have you tried steps in admin guide already ? under "Viewing the activity report"

50 Posts

November 8th, 2013 05:00

For the past backups no, however for future backups you might be able to. Try opening an SR with support and they might be able to suggest a feasible value forthe parameter in mcserver.xml. I don't recall it off hand.

No Events found!