Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 14th, 2015 03:00

How to interpret Avamar commands from GUI to MCCLI

Hello,

is there any way get out the mccli commands which are used when I do some configuration in the Avamar Console?

For example I want to add a VMware ressource pool and all included VMs to Avamar.

This is really easy in the GUI but the MCCLI command for this seems to be very complex.

(mccli add client --changed-block-tracking=true --datacenter=Test --container-path=***/***/Test --container-inclusion=dynamic --view-type=host-cluster.....)

So it would be great to set this in the GUI and have a log anywhere where the mccli command for this so shown.

223 Posts

Actually I have a project where I have to do a lot of VMware integration.

The client add mccli command, especially for VMware, is not that good described in my eys.

Some more examples in the guide would be usefull.

For example I have to add a Ressource Pool to Avamar and I can´t find out who this works with mccli.

117 Posts

Hello,

The GUI does not use MCCLI commands directly to complete it's tasks, in fact MCCLI commands for VMWare related actions were only recently added to MCCLI, so there is no log with the equivalent MCCLI commands I am afraid.

I would recommend you use the MCCLI programmers guide to help understand which command should be run and how to run it.

Depending on what you want to do, proxycp.jar may be another option which has less complex options, this tool is a support tool and support for it is "best effort". The tool is discussed here and here as well as in a number of other threads on these forums.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Adam

223 Posts

Hi,

thanks for you answer.

I am using the MCCLI guide alreday but in some cases I have to say that the description of some paramters is not really explained good.

So I have to go on with testing.

117 Posts

Hi,

Yes indeed, I thought I had better put the reference to the guide in case anyone else was reading the thread.

If there are parts of the documentation that you believe should be clarified, please let me know and I will submit feedback to the documentation teams.

Thank you

Adam

No Events found!