Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 5th, 2015 02:00

How to prevent reading of the avtar.cmd file

Hi,

Can you tell me if it's possible to prevent reading of the 'avtar.cmd' file?

thanks!

215 Posts

March 9th, 2015 04:00

It is my understanding when specifying the –flagfile option the specified file flag file effectively replaces the call to avtar.cmd.

If you review the associated avtar log you should be able to confirm which file it is using.

regards,

Adam

77 Posts

March 5th, 2015 02:00

what are you trying to do ? if I may ask.

March 5th, 2015 03:00

Hi,

Here is my problem :

I have 2 backups that start at the same time on the same server.

one by 'mccli group backup' and another one by 'avtar' (this one with a specific avtar.cmd file).

The backup that starts with 'mccli' read the avtar.cmd file and I do not want, because the avtar.cmd file concerns the avtar command.

Sorry for my bad english.

Regards.

215 Posts

March 5th, 2015 04:00

Refer to the avtar option which allows you to specify your own dedicated flag file.

--flagfile=FILE Specify file containing a list of flags

I suggest to assign this option to your local avtar backup syntax.

regards,

Adam

March 9th, 2015 02:00

Hi,

I complete my problem, the second backup start with avlotus command line (not avtar) and with this command i cannot add the option '--cacheprefix=xxxxx' in the '--flagfile=FILE'. Apparently, the only one solution is to add the option '--cacheprefix=xxxx' in the avtar.cmd file.

That's why I wanted to know if it was possible to cancel reading this file to another backup.

Regards,

Daniel.

77 Posts

March 9th, 2015 02:00

At the end it's avtar doing the job of splicing and dicing so I'm not sure if we can avoid it reading avtar.cmd

March 9th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

I followed your advice and changed the group's dataset by adding a flag file name in the 'Client-side flag name' advanced options.

Thank's you for help.

Regards.

77 Posts

March 9th, 2015 07:00

I would trust you any day . I was confused. Thanks again

No Events found!