Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 10th, 2013 06:00

Keystore Error

Hi,,

I am trying to import vmwar authentication certificate on the utility node's keystore rmi_ssl_keystore but getting the following error:

root@avamar:/tmp/#:$JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool -import -file rui.crt -alias ALIAS -keystore rmi_ssl_keystore

keytool error: java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

I am pretty sure about the password (which is root's) and tried all other passwords as well. But this doesn't seems to be working. Is there a possiblity that the error is coming because rui.crt is already imported ? Or else what other options do I have ?

82 Posts

July 11th, 2013 07:00

Keystore requires avamar root password, which we have tried. But doesn't seems to work out.

240 Posts

Agreed.

The concern was making sure you were trying the password for the correct environment.

An odd one, I will grant that.  And I agree with iananderson - I have only seen this as a password error.

82 Posts

Yep, I have tried both. Further , we do not use the default avamar passwords in the environment, but I have tried the changed ones as well. None of them seem to be working.

Infact, I ran the keytool list command and seems like they are all returning the same error.

240 Posts

Is the password you need for Avamar, or for the VMware environment?

2K Posts

I have never seen this message for any reason other than an incorrect password. Have you tried both "changeme" and "8RttoTriz" for the password?

38 Posts

October 15th, 2014 00:00

'changeme' worked for me

153 Posts

October 30th, 2014 05:00

Hello,

Did you get this resolved? I got the exact same error and cannot login to change the keystore password?

153 Posts

October 30th, 2014 05:00

Just found the problem. The default password is changeit for the keystore

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 14th, 2015 06:00

Thanks the default password of changeit worked for me also.

Looks like the java keytool utility options have also changed with v7.1

Previous options:

$JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool –import –file rui.crt -alias alias -keystore rmi_ssl_keystore

NEW options:

$JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool -importcert -file rui.crt -alias alias -srckeystore rmi_ssl_keystore

35 Posts

September 25th, 2015 00:00

password is "changeme"

No Events found!