Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MW

November 13th, 2017 02:00

Migrate DD-Backend within one Avamar-Grid

Hi there,

we´re currently faced with replacing a DD 2500 which is used for our Avamar Virtual Edition. The new Datadomain will be a 6300 - Modell. We´ve already added the 6300 to the AVE and defined this as new target for Avamar-Checkpoint-Backups.

All existing Datasets are configured to backup the data now to the new DD - But we´re wondering what´s the best way to move the old, existing backup-data from 2500 to 6300.

From my understanding, ADMe is only working for GSAN to DD or Grid 2 Grid-Migrations?

Thanks,

Markus

November 13th, 2017 04:00

Hi Adam,

yes you´re absolutly right - I´ll drop you an email.

Thanks

Markus

215 Posts

November 13th, 2017 04:00

If I understand correctly you are retaining your AVE and just replacing its DD.

ADMe could be used for this purpose although a small change would be necessary to its baseline code.

If you want to pursue this please contact me directly.

Thank You

2K Posts

November 13th, 2017 06:00

There is a procedure for replacing the DD back-end in an Avamar / DD configuration but it has to be performed before any data is added to the replacement DD. The only way I know of to migrate the backups if you've already started using the replacement DD is ADMe. If you need to migrate to a new DD in future, I recommend working with your account team to evaluate your options before you start using the new equipment.

No Events found!