Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2013 04:00

New Linux OS account

Hi All,

Need a small help from community. I have to grant access to our Avamar box for one guy but I'd like to avoid providing credentials of root/admin/dpn users. Are there best practics how to create new Linux OS account for getting possibility to retrive internal information from Avamar, like list of domains, group policies etc.? Actually read only access is necessary.

Thanks!

2K Posts

August 29th, 2013 06:00

Adding user accounts to the Avamar server is not supported. If the end user only needs to access lists of domains, policies, etc., I would recommend setting up mccli on an external system for the user.

498 Posts

September 5th, 2013 13:00

why not setup an account to the gui or the em for look only and let him get all his info from there.

or use DPA to get the info.

Community Manager

• 

6.1K Posts

September 6th, 2013 00:00

Hey,

Linux OS account is different with Avamar system account. Creating additional Linux OS accounts is not recomended or supported and is strongly discouraged.

Actually, you can create a user account on Avamar GUI. Then specify domain permission and user role.

Example, I can create a user account "test" under "BRJ" domain. Then give "Restore Only Operator" role.

Avamar user account creation1.png

So, if you use "test" account to login Avamar GUI, you only see BRJ domain's information. And also only perform restore operation.

Avamar user account creation2.png

Of course, you can specify operation roles according to your needs. For use account creation, you can refer to "Understanding users, authentication, and roles" parts on 67 page of Avamar 6.1 Administration Guide .

No Events found!