rleon_bw
1 Nickel

Re: Sharing a vm proxy node between different Avamar servers

Jump to solution

Thanks.

If only each subdomain in an Avamar server could map to their own respective DD Boost Account this wouldn't be an issue.

I could then simply deploy one (1) Avamar server to handle all business groups by segregating them using subdomains, each with their own DataDomain storage hard-quota limit (because each DD Boost Account will a have hard-quota).

In this scenario, all Avamar vm proxy nodes will just be owned by that one single Avamar server. Problem solved.

Let's hope this will be possible in the next version

RLeon

0 Kudos
bkin
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I would also like to see if this is still the case now, 2 1/2 years on.

While I may be going about this entirely incorrectly (this is a relatively new installation of Avamar), I am currently attempting the following:

Avamar Server - Connected to vCenter with Proxies backing up to a primary DD

Avamar VE - Replication target replicating to an off-site DD

For testing purposes, I want to attempt restoring VMs from the Avamar VE and off-site DD in case of a loss of the Avamar Server and Primary DD, and would like to do so without needing to deploy another set of proxies for the restores.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ionthegeek
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

This is unchanged. You could probably reactivate the existing proxies to the off-site Avamar but it's probably easier and less disruptive to just deploy a proxy (or several) in the off-site environment and power them down when you're not using them.

0 Kudos