Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

January 29th, 2015 02:00

Size limit exceeded - what does it mean?

Hi Guys, I got the below line as the only line in a log file of an Exchange VSS backup:

==>> Size limit exceeded, unable to transmit file. <<==

I'm just confused as ti whether it's a log file error (as in the log file is too big) or if this size limit is the cause of the failed backup - which failed because: "avtar FATAL <5155>: Backup aborted due to earlier errors. No backup created on the server."

Thanks

40 Posts

January 29th, 2015 03:00

Hi,

When browsing a log in the activity monitor if the contents of the log exceed some MBs the message is truncated with that "size limit exceeded" message. To work around this limitation, get the logs from the client computer.

This message is not probably related with backup issue since it is just a MCS limitation, so please take a look on client side and grab the logs from there for further analysis.

Regards

Arturo

1 Message

March 4th, 2015 17:00

I have the same issue too with avtar fatal error 5155. With regards to the window logs, is this the normal windows logs under the windows volume?

6 Posts

October 28th, 2019 07:00

Hi to all. I have the same message with a windows file system backup job that "completes w/Excepion(s). This is the message:

Size limit exceeded, unable to transmit file. Combined logs exceed size limit of 1048576 bytes. It may be possible to include all logs in exported logs or a support bundle. <<==

But checked to restore a file and the restore is OK. So i think there is nothing to worrie about.

1 Rookie

• 

45 Posts

September 20th, 2022 08:00

Have this issue as well - can Dell weigh in on whether the warning is innocuous or not? Are there recommended steps to paring down that log file?

No Events found!