dirkbucket
2 Bronze

Unable to backup any servers at one site

Errors and Exceptions

2017-05-08 08:28:48 avtar Error <10542>: Data Domain server "datadomain.xyz.com" open failed DDR result code: 5341, desc: SSL library error (Log #1)
2017-05-08 08:28:48
avtar Error <10509>: Problem logging into the DDR server:'', only GSAN communication was enabled. (Log #1)
avtar FATAL <17964>: Backup is incomplete because file "/ddr_files.xml" is missing (Log #1)
avtar FATAL <8941>: Fatal server connection problem, aborting initialization. Verify correct server address and login credentials. (Log #1)

Hello, I am getting the error above on all servers I am trying to backup from one site.  Other sites are backing up fine.

What could be causing the issue?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ionthegeek
4 Beryllium

Re: Unable to backup any servers at one site

If this is happening at only one site, the issue is probably specific to that site (e.g. firewall).

The first thing I would check is whether or not these clients can connect to the Data Domain. There is a utility called ddpconnchk that you can run on the client system to verify connectivity to the DD. KB334991 describes how to use ddpconnchk. Note that while the article talks about the "media server", you should run this on the system where the Avamar client is installed since the clients connect directly to the DD using DDBoost.

If all the connectivity checks succeed, the issue may be certificate related. For example, clients on the other side of a NAT may be rejecting the connection because the NAT IP addresses are not on the DD certificate's list of Subject Alternate Names. If that is the case, I'd recommend working with support.

dirkbucket
2 Bronze

Re: Unable to backup any servers at one site

I added the following flags to dataset and issue was resolved:

[avtar]ddr-encrypt-strength=none

[avtar]ddr-auth-enabled=false

0 Kudos