Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2011 14:00

Update package downloading then disapeering

I have just freshly installed 2 avamar 6 nodes at a customer, in between the time I did the first node and the second node, 6.0.1 was released. I was able to install this as new install on the second node, but when I use the Avamar Installation manager o nthe first node it downloads the AVP to the node, but never places it in /data01/avamar/repo/packages, and it disapeers from /data01/avamar/repo/downloads

Any ideas?

307 Posts

April 24th, 2012 05:00

Hello,

You can manually copy the upgrade package to /data01/avamar/repo/packages on the utility node and then continue with Install on the Avamar installation manager

Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 27th, 2013 08:00

I believe there is a process that runs on the Utility Node that monitors /data01/avamar/repo/downloads.  When that process sees AVP files, the process takes the AVP file apart and puts the correct installer files into /data01/avamar/repo/packages/.  The process then seems to remove the AVP file.

Since I was having problems using the Download Manager for my entire upgrade process, I found that putting the AVP file into /data01/avamar/repo on one Utility Node, then copying the AVP to /data01/avamar/repo/downloads on all the other Utility Nodes in the environment, then copying/moving the AVP on the first Utility Node into /data01/avamar/repo/downloads was the method I needed to get the proper install files on all of the Grids.  Within five minutes of the copies, the Client Manager was able to see the upgrade software for each of the Grids.

Community Manager

• 

6.1K Posts

August 27th, 2013 18:00

Please try manually copy the upgrade package to /data01/avamar/repo/packages on the utility node.

No Events found!