Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2010 17:00

Virtual Avamar server can't use full capacity

I prepared  12 x 250 gb raw disks for  2tb Ave5. Ave server does not read ony but usable disk capacity appears %65 again. Is health check requires for all virtual appliances or only read only virtual servers ?

Thanks.  

April 20th, 2010 02:00

When you say "usable disk capacity appears %65 again" could you be more specific about what you are seeing?

100 Posts

April 20th, 2010 03:00

Before While I was configuring  an ave for replication, it's usable disk size decreased to 500 gb to 340. I contacted emc support and they said it was an expected issue for read only servers.They said they are incresing capacity to default after their health check. I mean, there isn' t any read only server  now but server disk status decreased again.

6 Posts

Hi Can

The AVE limits the amount of space allocated during the installation. If you are in touch with EMC support they can advice how you can get a larger chunk of the disk recognized by Avamar.

I hope this helps

Calle

If I were you I would contact the support team and reference the case for the health check where the readonly limit was supposed to have been lifted.

It's possible that the parameter may not have got changed after the health check so would be a good idea to get that double checked..

100 Posts

May 14th, 2010 09:00

SR was still open. I am waiting for an action but nothing done. Is there anybody knows how to expand Ave capacity to it's real size ?

June 2nd, 2010 16:00

This really needs to be checked over by support so that they can ensure that all is well before making the change.  If you can let me know the SR number I'll contact the case owner for you.  Alternatively, try calling dispatch on : +1-877-534-2867 and asking for a response request for the SR.

100 Posts

June 2nd, 2010 23:00

Hi Nicholas,

I have already opened a SR and problem solved with a command after the health check.

Thanks.

No Events found!