J_H_
3 Zinc

Where to suggest changes to Avamar

Jump to solution

where do you go to submit ideas for improvements to Avamar.  (like the fact aht Avamar is not in the Dictionary for this page!!! - sorry that is a forum issue)

There are a number of things that need to be fixed or can be improved.

But where do you go to submit them?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fdxpilot
3 Argentum

Re: Where to suggest changes to Avamar

Jump to solution

You mean Avamar isn't perfect?   I would agree the product has a LOT of room to improve in many areas.

Seriously, you can submit an enhancement request on Powerlink.  Click on Support, Request Support, and Request a Product Enhancement.  Avamar is first in the product list.  EMC swears they consider these requests (probably especially if big or many customers request the same feature).  You can also discuss your ideas for enhancements here in the forum.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
fdxpilot
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

You mean Avamar isn't perfect?   I would agree the product has a LOT of room to improve in many areas.

Seriously, you can submit an enhancement request on Powerlink.  Click on Support, Request Support, and Request a Product Enhancement.  Avamar is first in the product list.  EMC swears they consider these requests (probably especially if big or many customers request the same feature).  You can also discuss your ideas for enhancements here in the forum.

View solution in original post

ionthegeek
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

fdxpilot wrote:

Absolutely. I would encourage you to do both!

Enhancement requests go to the product management team for consideration. They are all reviewed, I promise.

Posting here also gives some of the engineers who hang out on the forum a chance to review your requests as well. We might be able to help you find a workaround, etc. and we also have a direct line to the devs and the product managers so it can never hurt to bring an RFE to our attention here.

avmaint
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

powerlink is retired now, any direct link to submit rfe on Avamar? I got one for IIG team https://iigers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

0 Kudos
J_H_
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

If you open a support ticket - there is an option to say enhancement request.

4-Request: Feature requests and other non-critical questions

0 Kudos