Go to Solution

October 28th, 2014 08:00

Why am I not able to 'find' 7.1 documentation

I have managed to save only 2 of the 7.1 guides

everything else says it cannot find it.

Anybody else having this issue?

I log in I go to search and documentation

a nice list come up.

but everyone I choose says it cannot be found.

91 Posts

October 29th, 2014 05:00

For some awful reason the 7.1 documentation seems to be all wrapped up into a single PDF portfolio. Search for "Avamar 7.1 Documentation Portfolio," it's got 32 separate docs all wrapped up inside that you can use extract out.

91 Posts

October 29th, 2014 07:00

I've never seen most of the 7.1 guides individually available. Only in the portfolio.

J.H., I see the the NDMP Accelerator, Admin, and Extended Retention guides in the portfolio. The Avamar 7.1 Operational Best Practices and the Avamar 7.1 Management Console Command Line Interface (MCCLI) Programmer Guide separately under the 7.1 documentation on the site (hopefully those links work for you).

2K Posts

I suspect this is a temporary glitch. The online support site was having some issues yesterday. I'd recommend trying again. If you're still not able to download them, I'd recommend contacting the online support team at support@emc.com. They should be able to rectify the problem.

The documentation portfolio includes all the customer-facing guides in one bundle and is available for 6.1, 7.0 and 7.1. The individual guides are available for download as well.

498 Posts

thank you both.... the PDF got me most of what I needed but does not contain

administration guide

best practices

mccli

ndmp

extended retention

so I will continue to try to find the rest of what I need.

if I cannot get it I will open a ticket.

October 29th, 2014 21:00

Please contact EMC Avamar live chat to get the required 7.1 documents..

support@emc.com

October 29th, 2014 22:00

Sometimes support site does not open,try to browse from IE,most of the times it works!!

Community Manager

• 

6K Posts

October 31st, 2014 00:00

Hello JH,

All Avamar 7.1 related documents you can find in https://support.emc.com/search . Most of the documents are available for all users.

498 Posts

October 31st, 2014 07:00

thank you everybody, I think I have managed to get everything I need.

that portfolio helped, and I was able to find others that let me open them.

The day I started looking I could get the list, but everything I tried to open said NOT FOUND.

Maybe EMC was just having a bad day.

No Events found!