Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2015 11:00

Why does a job end after 24 hours?

I marked a job using the Windows file system plugin to run overtime until first successful completion but it cancels after 24 hours.  This is release 7.1 so it should be able to run through the maintenance window.  How can I get it to finish.  I've split the file system into different datasets but after re-combining it still won't finish.

73 Posts

May 27th, 2015 15:00

If you switch it to always allow overtime does it complete?  Possibly when you split the datasets up and it completed Avamar considered it a successful completion.

May 28th, 2015 06:00

Thanks Ryan.

So, from what you said, overtime will complete if the job is shortened by splitting the file systems into multiple datasets.  Otherwise, it won't go past 24 hours.

73 Posts

May 28th, 2015 11:00

See page 108 of the Avamar Admin guide.

Overtime until successful backup - "Scheduled group backups are allowed to run past the schedule duration setting until a successful backup completes."

What it sounds like is happening is you split it up into several datasets which completed successfully.  When you modified the dataset to include everything again Avamar still considers that there was a successful backup so it cancels after the schedule backup window duration.  If you switch it to Always override it should run longer than 24 hours.

https://support.emc.com/docu53936_Avamar-7.1-Administration-Guide.pdf?language=en_US

June 1st, 2015 06:00

Thanks Ryan.  That worked.

No Events found!