Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

FC

October 25th, 2010 01:00

Windows VMware Image with Avamar v5.0.2.41

Hi

setup OS-based backup is working fine (incl. VC), but with the Windows VMware Image I'm expieriencing problems. Proxy ist installed and all required LUN's are tagged. After startuîng a ondemand backup the activity page still shows "Waiting-CLient". Backup-user can access all the vc-stuff. I've already installed backup agent twice. What might be the problem?

Kind regards

121 Posts

October 25th, 2010 03:00

Check if proxy has access to data store where VM is located and is being backed up. Also check and ensure vCenter Connection Monitor Service shows “All connections OK” in Administration Window under service administration in MCGUI. Also vCenter Server 4.1 is not supported in 5.0 SP2 so check vCenter Version as well. If everything is fine, check the events happening on VM being backed up in vSphere Client under task/event. Ensure proxy can telnet vCenter on default ports 443,902

Thanks and Regards,

Sameer Khan

Technical Support Engineer

Worlwide Technical Support- Avamar

EMCIE(Avamar),VCP,SCS,MCP

Sameer.Khan@emc.com

Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 11 am to 8pm EST

[cid:image002.png@01CB745B.DE3544B0][cid:image003.jpg@01CB745B.DE3544B0]

3 Attachments

5 Posts

October 25th, 2010 04:00

Hi,

pls. excuse my stupid question:

where can I get SP3 from (guess v5.0.2.41 = SP2 ?) in order to update?

Kind regards

October 25th, 2010 07:00

I believe there is movement towards making Avamar customer upgradable but we're not there just yet.

If you don't have one already please do open an SR to request that the EMC Avamar upgrade team perform the upgrade for you.   You'll be taking advantage of their time, their experience and you'll end up with an Avamar system which is still in a fully supportable state.

No Events found!