Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2015 08:00

automatically map datastore to proxys!

I see that there is a way to add all datastore to all proxys ( java -jar proxycp.jar --selectalldatastore), this there a way to just add certain proxies to certain data stores

I have 25 Proxies and 26 data stores

running avamar 7.0.2-47

45 Posts

June 15th, 2015 12:00

You can edit the proxy from MCGUI, on Administration tab, by right-click the proxy you want to add datastores to, and select "Edit Client" it will open a window where you can individually add datastore (by check box) you want to on that particular proxy.

12 Posts

June 17th, 2015 01:00

not really what i was looking for. having the amount of datastores and proxys we have in play

73 Posts

June 17th, 2015 13:00

One possible solution is available in version 7.1.  You can add all datastores to all proxies and force the proxies to only use hot-add.

207 Posts

June 17th, 2015 14:00

You can use mccli command to add individual datastore to a proxy

mccli client add-datastore

Add a new datastore to be protected by proxy client

[--datacenter=String]:  fully qualified datacenter name in vCenter. Required for vCenter. Not required for esx host.

<--datastore-name=String>:      datastore name to be protected by proxy client. Multiple --datastore-name options are acceptable. It should be of the same datacenter.

[--domain=String(/)]:  proxy client's domain

<--name=String>:        proxy client name

[--vcenter-esx-name=String]:    vc

Alternatively if you already have a datastore selection on a proxy and want to copy the same selection on another proxy you could use proxycp

java -jar proxycp.jar --clonemapping --srcproxy SrcProxyName --dstproxy DstProxyName

Regards

Amol Powar

16 Posts

June 17th, 2015 19:00

Hi Guys,

What about in VBA, when ever new DataStores are added in, are they automatically scanned and made visible to VBA @ Proxies?

No Events found!