Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

October 21st, 2013 02:00

avamar daily summay

Hello,

how can we schedule a daily email with the list of all avamar clients, with result (ok or failed) ?

We only need this as quick overview on the daily situation.

please help

50 Posts

October 21st, 2013 05:00

Did you happen to check the reporting section in the admin guide already ? If not I'd suggest trying out these reports and see if it solves your purpose

498 Posts

October 21st, 2013 14:00

do you have DPA - they have good reports

November 19th, 2013 00:00

No DPA.

My customer wants to receive a daily email with a quick overview with the list of clients, with success or failure.
Anyone ?

Community Manager

• 

6.1K Posts

November 19th, 2013 02:00

Hey Tom,

There is an "Email Home" function on Avamar. I think you can try to use the function.

1. Login to your Avamar GUI.

2. Click Tools -> Manage Profiles

3. You will see many profiles.

4. Find "High Priority Events" profile, then copy it to a new profile(Any name).

5. The new copied profile can be used for sending email notification.

6. Edit the new profile and click "Event Codes", then select the event codes you want to monitor.

Notice: If you monitor too many events, you may received notification email frequently.

7. Click "Email notification", enter a email address you want to receive notification email to "Enter Recipient".

For more detailed about "Email Home", you can refer to following documents.

"Enabling the Email Home feature" section of Avamar 7.0 Operational Best Practices on page 88.

"Modifying “Email Home” configuration" section of Avamar 7.0 Administration Guide on page 200.

Hope this helpful.

355 Posts

November 19th, 2013 02:00

Hello Tom,

Please try following steps to configure email alerts –

• Login to Avamar Administration window.
  • Go to Action, click on Manage Profile. It will open a new window.
  • On this new window, click on root domain. It will enable the option to create NEW profile.
  • Create new profile and select appropriate events and notification which you want to receive by email.
  • You need to select schedule to decide the time you want to receive emails. For this you first need to create a Notification schedule from Manage Schedule option. This is similar to creating schedule for groups. Select the same notification schedule for the new profile.
  • On New profile window, go to Email Notification tab and provide email address to receive email alerts.
  • There will be an option to “send email” immediately to verify that email notification has been configured correctly.
  • Don’t forget to enable the new profile.

Regards,

Pawan Kumawat

498 Posts

November 19th, 2013 08:00

I have just got something like this to work - with help from others on this site.

go with the profile bit.

create a profile that is enabled, and set to email, pick a scheduled time (if you don't have a schedule that you like make a new one and pick that).

do not choose anything from event codes

got to attachments

find a report you like (test these out under Tools/Reports - I know there is a failed report.  if none you like you can make your own)

so you will put a check mark in Attach, then move over  and in "since unit" pick days(s) ago - choose this FIRST.

then change Since count to 1.

so if your schedule is once a day at 8 am,  and this is Since 1 day - you are good.

then fill out the Email Notification tab.  Put your email first, and click Send Email - this allows you to test what it will look like and if it works.

once it is good change the email to your customer.

No Events found!