Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

AU

April 12th, 2017 10:00

mccli dynamic rule

Anyone know the format mccli is looking for to create dynamic rules? I've got a few rules to create between two systems and would prefer to script it to minimize typos. The latest MCCLI guide I can find is 7.3 and does not contain the rule command.

mccli rule add
1,23001,Arguments required by CLI command are either missing or empty.
Attribute    Value
------------ -------------------
missing-args --file-path, --name

18 Posts

April 14th, 2017 00:00

Hi Parzival,

The command you are looking for is: mccli user edit --role=

The options for the --role flag is as following:

[--role={ActivityOperator | Administrator | Auditor | Backup | BackupOperator | BackupRestore | BackupRestoreOperator | Restore | RestoreIgnoreFilePermissions | RestoreOperator}]

Please check page 129 of the 7.3 mccli guide for more details.

Appreciate your update and feedback if this was helpful to solve the problem; don't forget to mark the question as answered when the problem is solved.

Best Regards,

Shady Salama

Subject Matter Expert (SME), Avamar, Data Protection & Availability Solutions

Dell EMC | Technical Support Services

April 14th, 2017 04:00

Thanks shadyalama, but I'm actually looking for VMware dynamic rules, not roles.

18 Posts

April 14th, 2017 06:00

Can you please elaborate what do you mean by VMware Dynamic rules?

What do you use that for?

Examples of the rules that you want to create between these two systems.

April 14th, 2017 12:00

This is a new feature in 7.4 that lets you move VMs into backup groups based on tags (other criteria as well). There is an option to script these in mccli, but it needs an xml file which contains the criteria of the rule.I'm just looking for documentation of the format of the xml file or a way to export rules.

Screenshot_1.jpg

April 16th, 2017 18:00

Hello Parzival,

The syntax is not mentioned in Avamar 7.4 mccli user guide either. I'll update you once I got a result from engineering.

April 18th, 2017 15:00

Hello Parzival,

Unfortunately, rule/dynamic policy is not supported in MCCLI yet. You will have to create it via MCS GUI.

March 16th, 2018 02:00

any update on this? is it supported in 7.5?

No Events found!