Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

October 12th, 2016 12:00

"Edit DD System.." option grayed out

I was trying to edit the DD settings, actually I just want to look at them, but that option is grayed out, I'm going to the proper place according to the docs, "Server>Server Mgmt" but still not an available option.  Is there a particular user, I've tried an account I made which has admin rights and tried MCUser, but a no go, figure I'm missing something.  "Delete DD" is also grayed out, only option is Add a DD.  Thanks for any help.

2K Posts

October 13th, 2016 10:00

You may not have a DD system selected. Selecting items in the Avamar Administrator GUI is sometimes a bit fiddly. Make sure the DD is highlighted blue after you click on it.

4 Posts

August 4th, 2017 12:00

I have the same issue.

Avamar Administrator 7.2.1-32, logged in with an administrator account.

Server -> Server Management; highlight the DD system; The Actions drop down menu has the Edit and Delete options grayed out.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

August 8th, 2017 12:00

I worked with support before i deleted my DD (that we migrated off).  He ran commands agains the database to validate that all snapshots were gone, no clients were still storing backups on DD ..etc.

4 Posts

August 15th, 2017 13:00

Well, here's one you won't believe...

When I start Avamar Administrator and click on the Server tab, a new window opens and when I click on Server Management tab, a single pane is presented (as on all the other tabs) showing the Bytes Protected Summary and listing the Avamar and Data Domain servers.  When you highlight these, the Edit and Delete options on the Action menu are grayed out.

Somehow, I accidentally maximized the screen or something and when I restored back to the original size, now there is a small sliver on the left edge where I can see a + in a box.  I could now grab the left edge of the pane and slide to the right revealing a whole left pane with a tree of the Avamar Server and Data Domain.  Highlighting these allows the Edit and Delete commands to be available in the Action menu.

The out of the box software actually had the entire left pane of this screen covered by the right pane.

I have actually tried to move the left edge of the pane back over and cover the entire left pane, but cannot do so now.

Never saw anything like it.

33 Posts

September 20th, 2017 15:00

Thanks, that was driving me nuts.

6 Posts

January 22nd, 2019 07:00

Thank you for this resolution.  I was having the same issue this morning, and wanted to check the Knowledge Base before creating a service request.  

1 Message

August 15th, 2019 10:00

I just had the same issue and making the screen full gave me the option. What a headache! Thanks for the info!

No Events found!