Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2013 14:00

windows include/exclude flags

Hi

I'm trying to backup my documents, favorites, and desktop in a windows client that has many users in his C:\Users\ directory

i've been already configured a data set with an entry on inclusions C:\Users\*\Desktop , C;\Users\*\My documents & C:\Users\*\Favorites

the problem is that avamar backups all users desktop, favorites and my documents that exists in the desktop computer.

Is there any flag that prevents backup all users files, instead of backup only actual logged user?( %Users%)

Thanks in regard.

2K Posts

February 14th, 2013 08:00

Unfortunately I don't know of a way this can be done with Avamar.

February 15th, 2013 03:00

Perhaps you could do a pre-script to look at WMI to see the logged in user but than the question is how do you alter the data set so Avamar only backs up that user's directory. It really needs to be in the code...

Why not just backup all of the user files using DTLT, and than that specific user will only have access to restore his/her files. Or if there are multiple users you do not want to backup what about excluding those directorys ?

207 Posts

February 19th, 2013 15:00

I apologize I misread the question, this can be achieved only by scripting as mentioned by TheMistyMountain.

207 Posts

February 19th, 2013 15:00

You can create a Dataset add below syntax in your target list

#USERDOCS#\*\Desktop

If your Client OS is windows XP, path will be automatically converted to

C:\Documents and Settings\*\Desktop

if its Vista/Windows 7 path will automatically converted to

C:\Users\*\Desktop

This also applies to

#USERDOCS#\*\Favorites

#USERDOCS#\*\Documents

#USERDOCS#\*\My Documents