Highlighted
Mathyeuxx
1 Copper

IKVM M1000E

Hello, I come to you because after upgrading my blade m3000e to version 6.20, my ikvm no longer works, I then tried to update it but the update is not done and I have an error. Do you have any solutions? If I remove the ikvm while the blade is on, it won't have any impact on the blade?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: IKVM M1000E

Hello

The iKVM is hot-pluggable, you should have no issues removing it while the chassis and blades are on. You can find more information about the M1000e and its components in the documentation on the M1000e support page.

http://www.dell.com/support/

I suggest that you review the release notes and important notes of the CMC firmware update to make sure there are no known issues or additional steps to perform the upgrade from the revision you were at. You may need to flash the firmware back to the old revision and repeat the process if steps were skipped.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
Mathyeuxx
1 Copper

Hi, thanks for your reply

Even after removing, the ikvm refuses the update. I can't find an old version for cmc compatible with my hardware version.

0 Kudos

The download page of the 6.2 update should have a category at the bottom for other versions. I suggest that you review all of the release notes and important notes between the two revisions before backflashing.

Stepping updates should not be required unless stated in the release/important notes. If you encounter issues performing an update then backflashing and stepping the updates may help.

If the iKVM will still not come online after backflashing then it will likely need to be replaced.

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos