Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 22nd, 2012 03:00

Updating iDRAC firmware of M600

All,

At this moment I'm trying to update the firmware of 8 iDRAC interface via iDRAC webinterface and via CMC interface, unfortunately it doesn't work. On our M600 we are running Xenserver.

From DELL Enterprise support I get .exe files to upload, but then I get an error while updating firmware that image is not correct to update firmware.

My simple question is where can I find/download the correct file to update firmware of iDRAC via webinterface.

Hopefully I get soon an answer.

Thanks in advance!

3 Posts

October 24th, 2012 01:00

All,

Thanks for your help. Issue is solved. the file is needed was not on the support website anymore, but because the Windows file was available, that file was available from payloud folder.

October 22nd, 2012 09:00

Hello Hawar81,

Can you confirm that you are using the iDRAC firmware version 1.65 released last month and that you are on the recommended CMC firmware version 3.21?

Here is the link to iDRAC firmware 1.65 :

www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails

Please try and update us.

3 Posts

October 22nd, 2012 12:00

Hello Sridevi,

Thanks for your replay. Right now I'm using firmware 1.60.

The link you provided I checked it already, but I don't see the correct file to update firmware via iDRAC web interface.

Do you have any suggestion?

October 24th, 2012 14:00

Thanks for the update.

August 8th, 2013 07:00

I don't know how to get a copy of the image file for use with updating idrac through the CMC.  Why isn't it posted on Dell's website?  How do I get the image file for idrac version 1.65?

Thanks.

1 Message

December 10th, 2016 20:00

For anyone that needs this information 3 years later, download the exe from the support site and then open the exe as an archive with 7zip or some other archive manager and navigate to the payloud folder and extract the firmimg.imc file.

No Events found!