Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2017 12:00

start m1000e without CMC

Hi to everyone. I bought a Dell m1000e with 3 psu and 7 blades, few switches on back, no MCM no kvi, 1 cables, i can start it up to test it ? i just have only one cable for one psu trugh my socket for 220v.

i try to start it, and the power supply has green light but on smal display from chassis say "cmc not present" whay should i do ?

• 

6.2K Posts

January 20th, 2017 13:00

Hello

whay should i do ?

Buy a CMC.

A blade cannot power on without a functional CMC present. You only need a single CMC. A second CMC is only for the purpose of redundancy.

i just have only one cable for one psu trugh my socket for 220v.

You may need additional power connectors as well. I don't know if it will power on a blade with a single PSU. You can review the M1000e manual to check the requirements.

www.dell.com/support/home/product-support/product/poweredge-m1000e/manuals

Thanks

4 Posts

January 20th, 2017 19:00

thank you for quick reply, i will buy an used CMC but i see a lot of them didn't have that blue sd card. is any problem if that card is missing or not? if is missing i can buy a sd card and upload missing firmware or what is on the card ? what is the best advice? 

4 Posts

January 20th, 2017 19:00

Hi, Im decided to buy a used CMC, pls let me know if the CMC is gonna work without the blue sd card from the back, i dont know for what that sd card is there, or if i can replace him if is missing, thank you

• 

6.2K Posts

January 21st, 2017 09:00

pls let me know if the CMC is gonna work without the blue sd card from the back

The removable flash media on the CMC is optional. You do not need it.

Thanks

4 Posts

January 21st, 2017 10:00

thank you for quick reply. i ordered 2 cmc and one ikvm  all 3 used from ebay . and one more cable for power supply.. i will let you know the next step. thank you

No Events found!