Hi all, I have a problem with Virtual Disks on AX4-5i. The Virtual Disks are mapped to Vmware hosts 4.1, but since their state became State: Normal, Offline no longer appear available in vmware. Is there any way to change the Virtual Disks State to Normal ? Thanks!
Hi Jyothi, thanks for the answer.
it seems to be the same problem, but at the end I could not understand if there was solution.
Any inputs are welcome
1. Did you have any power outage or unexpected Power Down of AX4 earlier to this situation?
2. Do you have 2 Disk Failure on a Same RAID Group?
3. Do you have any Dirty Cache on the Array?
4. Can you try trespassing the LUN Ownership via CLI?
#naviseccli -h SPx_IP Address trespass LUN xx (try to each SP IP address)
If that doesn't work, try the "trespass mine" - run this to each SP.
5. Above command didn't work?
If answer to any question is Yes then this issue requires SP Collect Analysis. This situation is generally knows as "Unowned LUN" and if nothing works or you do not have active support but you have a Data Backed up then I would suggest restore!
Yes we had a general power failure few days ago. Apparently disks are good in Navisphere Express, there is not any message about dirty cache and "trespass" command did not work. I will capture Logs and send it to EMC Support.