Edhoward1
2 Iron

AX4 SPCollect- Naviccli alternative?

Hi there, I'm having issues with a SPCollect from a AX4-5 nether CAP2 or USM can process the file. I think it's due to the Array Config file missing, I've been through the naviccli userguide trying to find a command that will give me all the info but without success. Does anyone know of any command that would give me an overview like an spcollect?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnkitMehta
4 Beryllium

Re: AX4 SPCollect- Naviccli alternative?

Step 1: Please, restart the management server for both the SP's by following:

Note: This procedure  must be performed on both Storage Processors to be effective!

1. Open a new browser window.
  2. Type in the address bar:

http: // xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/setup

Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the Storage Processor (SP).
  3. When the screen has loaded, type in the Username and Password used to access Navisphere/Unisphere setup page (UI).
  4. Once logged in, click the "Restart Management Server" button.
  5. Once the page has loaded, click the "Yes" option, and then click "Submit."

Check if you can generate SP Collects, if yes, you can get the Configuration via USM.

If not, you can get desired outputs with proper usage of switches for a particular command.

For Starter Please, refer to KB Article: emc309845 (How to run a health check on a CLARiiON array via Navisphere CLI)

For More information on CLI Commands please, refer to EMC Navisphere Command Line Interface (CLI)  on Powerlink for detailed description of commands.

Ankit

0 Kudos
vipinvk
4 Tellurium

Ankit, he wants to extract an existing SPcollect file via CLI. As per my understanding this is not possible.

0 Kudos
AnkitMehta
4 Beryllium

Does anyone know of any command that would give me an overview like an spcollect?

Is he?

Anyhow, SP Collects are nothing but collection of output of several commands scripted. The output is merged and collected and presented in a data.zip format which has entries right from SP logs to getagent!

So, if you are looking for something specific you would need to check Navisphere CLI guide and use certain switches to get that output on your command prompt. The KB Article I have mentioned has most of the things one can find in SP Collects for a healthcheck.

0 Kudos
Edhoward1
2 Iron

I'd just be happy with a SP Collect that works, I've had this issue on several Clariions not just the AX4. I've written a script that dumps out the array config from a VNX/ CX4 but the command doesn't work on a AX4. I've just written a script to run a bunch of configuration commands (getall -disk etc) and dump them to a txt file which is ok but I would like to find out how to fix the SP collect funcation as getting customers to install naviseccli is a hassle. Thanks!

0 Kudos
AnkitMehta
4 Beryllium

1. You can not extract SP Collects.

2. Are you facing issues while running the SP Collects Script?! If yes, did you restart the management server and tried again to get the configuration file (.xls) via USM?!

0 Kudos