I am working on a script to grab analyzer performance stats via CLI and load them into a database. My question goes all the way back to a basic understanding of Analyzer and archiving.
My system is a CX300-i running the latest FLARE code
My goal is to:
To that end I have a bat file that executes every 4 hours and (amoung others) executes the following commands:
naviseccli -h 10.x.x.x analyzer -archiveretrieve -file Cx300i_SPA.nar -location c:\path -Overwrite y -Retry 2 -v
naviseccli -h 10.x.x.x analyzer -archiveretrieve -file Cx300i_SPB.nar -location c:\path -Overwrite y -Retry 2 -v
ren Path\Cx300i_SPA.nar "Cx300i_SPA_%date%_%MTime%.nar"
ren Path\Cx300i_SPB.nar "Cx300i_SPB_%date%_%MTime%.nar"
naviseccli -h 10.94.35.2 analyzer -archive -delete -all -o
naviseccli -h 10.94.32.4 analyzer -archive -delete -all -o
naviseccli -h 10.94.35.2 analyzer -archive -new
naviseccli -h 10.94.32.4 analyzer -archive -new
naviseccli analyzer -archivedump -data C:\San\Analyzer\"Cx300i_SPA_%date%_%MTime%.nar" C:\San\Analyzer\"Cx300i_SPB_%date%_%MTime%.nar" -out tempdump.csv -join -overwrite y
I am not getting the results I expected and I believe it is because of my misunderstanding the process. In the above, I have to sleep for 20 minutes between the deletion of the old archives and creation of the new archives because it doesnt think there are 10 intervals present. That suggests the archive need not be created for the accumulation of data to take place.
My thought was that the following is what really happens:
Is this a correct understanding? If so, that would suggest the order of my script should be (with analyzer already running):
Can anyone clarify my thinking on this? I looked in the Anayzer manual but it seemed to be geared more toward the mechanics of the commands than to this type of question.
Thanks for your help,
We do something like this, but we just let analyzer run all the time, and create the nar file when it wants to. We don’t create or delete archives, we let Clariion take care of that.
So our procedure is:
1) Get a list of nar files every 6 hours.
2) Compare list with files that have already been downloaded.
3) If a new file is found, download it.
We have been doing this for the past year and haven’t had a problem.
BTW, what database are you loading this data into? You will very quickly exceed millions of rows (unless you have a small Clariion environment).
From Primus emc148982 - see the IMPORTANT note near the begining:
See if this helps
Thanks for your help all. Both answers were helpful and I have a system up and running.
Does anyone know why the data captured from SPA includes stats for SPB and vice-versa? I notice that the values for the same object and timestamp between those pulled from SP A and those from SP B are slightly different. IE:
pulled from Object TimeStamp %util
SPA SP B 08/30/2010 23:41 13.82716
SPB SP B 08/30/2010 23:41 13.55102
Why is there seemingly data for the same thing from both sides? and why would it be different? Do I need to include both in the data I analyze or are they essentially the same?
Thanks for the info
We run analyzer on both SP's when you start logging - first one SP is started and then shortly following we start the other SP. We do that in case the data from one SP gets corrupted - the data should be almost identical. This is the reason that you do not merge an SPA NAR with and SPB NAR. Think of it as a backup. You only need one to look at performance. If for some reason the data looks strange, try the other.
I'm getting messages on some of our newer VNX arrays as follows.
Error returned from delete archive:
Request failed.Caller not privileged.
I'm using the following (removing sensitive data/passwords from the command).
For /f "tokens=2-4 delims=/ " %%a in ('date /t') do (set date=%%a-%%b-%%c)
For /f "tokens=1-3 delims=: " %%a in ('time /t') do (set time=%%a-%%b-%%c)
Rem 1234 Array
java -jar archiveretrieve.jar -user <a global username here> -password <password for that global user> -scope 0 -address 172.x.y.z -File VNX-1234-SPA-%date%-%time%.nar -Location "F:\script\NAR_Files\1234
I have moved these scripts to a new Windows machine and did run the command to add the security file. The script does seem to work for some of the OLDER arrays CX4's. But not for the newer ones