Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 8th, 2012 02:00

CAP2 tool has failed to generate reports.

Hi Everyone,

I installed EMC Cap2 tool version 30.0.4.77 on my laptop but the installation is completed with errors. When I try to run a report it gives the output in the attached file. If anyone knows how to solve this, please help.

Thanx.

1 Attachment

18 Posts

May 8th, 2012 03:00

Not sure what could be the cause but you should use USM to generate CAP report

Start USM ->  "view system configuration" -> select a spcollect file -> under output format, check excel if you want the excel format CAP report

May 8th, 2012 06:00

Hi,

You have mentioned that” installation is completed with errors” ., Let us know what errors you have received.

Regards,

Suman Pinnamaneni

May 8th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

If I am not wrong you might have a issue with the JAVA.., However, you may contact capsupport@emc.com for this issue.

Regards,

Suman Pinnamaneni

2 Posts

May 8th, 2012 07:00

It was giving errors to do with it failing to access a certain file because it was being accessed by another file. I reinstalled it and the installation was successful but it was still giving the errors I attached earlier. I need to be able to generate reports from this output since I don't have access to the actual device.

4.5K Posts

May 8th, 2012 15:00

Just a note - CAP2 is no longer supported (this was a service tool).

For arrays running flare 26 and earlier, CAP2 should still work, but for flare 28 and higher, you should be using USM (Unisphere Service Manager).  See Support Solution emc257752.

glen

No Events found!