Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2016 13:00

CX3-40 Boot Issue

I have a CX3-40 that I purchased for learning purposes awhile ago. Everything has worked fine for the last 4 months. The other day I decided to clean the dust out of the drives. I forgot to shutdown everything and accidentally pulled the vault drives individually with the array on. Once put back in it didn't take me long to realize that my ESXI server wasn't recognizing the SAN any longer. I tried turning off and restarting multiple times. Upon restart the vault drives each flash once and that's about it. The status light in the back is blinking amber on the SPs. I am unsure is there is any way for me to recover from this. Im trying to find out if there is any way to recover the vault drives or am I completely screwed. Any insight would be very much appreciated.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 12th, 2016 07:00

Hi,

Most likely that you will be needing full array restoration from mif file.

Is utility partition available ?
What array shows at in console at boot ?

Also, at what rate amber led is blinking, fast pace or slow pace (approx 1 per second or several times per second) ?

BR,

Roman.

4.5K Posts

January 12th, 2016 07:00

Did you make sure that you put the vault drives back in the same order that they were prior to removing them? The order is very important. If you can't recall the order, if you have a set of spcollects you could find the serial number for each of the disks and check that they are the same.

Within each spcollect (one for SPA and one for SPB) are sets of ZIP files - the one that holds the serial number for the disks:

CKMxxxxxxxxxx_SPA_2016-01-11_11-32-25_32e01e_sus.zip

Unzip and file the file SPA_cfg_info.txt. In the file, find the line:

"NavisecCli.exe -np getdisk"

Each disk will be listed as:

Bus 0 Enclosure 0  Disk 0

Vendor Id:              HITACHI

Product Id:              HUS15606 CLAR600

Product Revision:        C7A0

Lun:                    

Type:                  

State:                  Enabled

Hot Spare:            

Prct Rebuilt:          

Prct Bound:            

Serial Number:          LXYK6ZZL

You want to look at the serial numbers for disks 0 to 4 - these are the vault disks. Verify that the serial numbers match the slot that they are in.

glen

3 Posts

January 12th, 2016 16:00

amber light is blinking a few times a second. I plugged in the console cable and get error code 0x0000023c Description Pers/Jackson tech mismatch Error!. How would I find out if the utility partition is available? Can I and if so would you be able to tell me how to do a full restore on the array?

3 Posts

January 12th, 2016 16:00

Upon restarting once more the console said something to the effect Target 3 or Drive 3 failed before the error message. I pulled drive 3 and put a spare drive in and now all is ok! Thanks for your help

No Events found!