Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2013 07:00

CX3-80 Flare 24 CX4-960 Flare 30 - Unisphere, Navisphere, CLI interoperability

I am working with a customer who currently has Clariion CX3-80 running old Flare 24 code while at the same time running CX4-960 with Flare 30. I have questions in regards to Management Software interoperability. Both Clariions belong  to their own Domains.

Does the CX3-80 Flare 24 support management via Unisphere Management GUI? Things begin getting tricky after I installed NaviCLI latest version on my Windows Machine. I could connect via NaviSECCLI to the CX4-960 but when trying to connect to the CX3-80 I kept getting a Security error. I need to manage both Clariion Arrays via the Command Line and its stumping me. Both Clariions have different username and password accounts. I decided to add a username and password on the CX3 to match the CX4 Credentials. After adding the user account I proceeded to try using NaviSECCLI and this time was able to connect to the CX3...ODD... This is when it really becomes more strange. Because Now when I open Mozilla Firefox and connect to my CX4 via Unisphere my CX3 now populates in my Unisphere window under my CX4.  However if I use the IP address of my CX3 array and connect through Internet Explorer or Firefox I get the old standard Navisphere Manager.

I need help putting the pieces together and making this work considering the different Flare Code. I'm hoping someone can offer assistance configuring NaviCLI to connect to both Clariions running totally different Flare Code. Also looking for guidance on Unisphere compatibility managing the CX3 with current version of Flare 24.

CX4-960 Flare 30 Unisphere

CX3-80 Flare 24 Navisphere

Command Line Setup?

Thank you

Terry

4K Posts

June 12th, 2013 18:00

I believe CX3-80 can managed by Navisphere only. And NaviCLI can not work on CX4 (FLARE 28+). NaviCLI is the classic Navi commands that anyone can access to the machine with navicli installed, no password protected.

1.4K Posts

June 12th, 2013 19:00

To manage CX3 boxes through Unisphere, I would recommend you download and install  Unisphere Client for Windows as the link below: https://download.emc.com/downloads/DL30840_Unisphere__Client_(Windows)_1.2.26.1.0094.exe

On the other hand, you may want to try Naviseccli instead rather than NaviCLI.

23 Posts

June 20th, 2013 06:00

Ill give it a try, thanks for both responses.

No Events found!